Thursday, February 5, 2009

Well I'm back!!! Thanks Holli for keeping everyone updated! Keep my info handy just in case you want to update some more, you know how slow I am with updates!! lol.. Anyhoo... As you all know Nate was born on Jan. 20th at 11:56 a.m. He weighed 7lbs and 8oz. Well when we left the hospital he had lost 5oz which made him 7lbs 3oz. His Dr wanted to see him back in a week for a check up. We went on Jan. 29th and everything was great expect he had only gained back 2oz which put him up to 7lbs 5oz. so she wanted him to come back in a week. We took him back today and he had only gained 1 more ounce, so we have to go back AGAIN next week and hopefully he will be back at his birth weight. I hope!!! We started off with Enfamil Iron with Lipids and his belly was hurting and he wouldn't poopie so we switched to Enfamil Gentlease and it seems to be helping. He takes 2oz every 4 hours and sometimes if he is asleep he can go longer without a bottle. The Dr said that was fine but she suggested that we try 3oz now and see if that helps. So far he drinks every bit of it!! So keep your fingers crossed that this works and he gains his weight back.

Now on to big brother.... Ethan is doing GREAT he LOVES his little brother so much and can't stand to be away from him. At first it was a little hard especially when we had visitors Ethan didn't really like people coming by to see him, but he has gotten alot better. He calls him brother Nate and he his always kissing on him and telling him he loves him. Tonight he told me that he wasn't going to give him away I guess somewhere along the way that thought must have crossed his mine. I think it's when Nate cries!! lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you. We miss you a lot and I feel awful that I haven't been to see you yet. I just wanted to give baby Nate and big bro enough time to get settled. I can't wait to see him and hold him. We miss you at work. Ly ~ Amanda Mc

Anonymous said...

Amanda Mc said...
P.S. Yes Holli, I stole Becky's "Ly" LOL :)

Misty said...

Nate is adorable. I am glad Ethan wants to keep him. Let me know a good time because I would love to bring dinner over and meet the little guy. Glad everyone is doing well.